Barton, Andrew (A/Prof)
|Position||Associate Professor of Water Engineering|
|Office||Y219 (Mt Helen)|
|Phone||+61 3 5327 9329|
- PhD (Eng), University of Tasmania
- MEngSc (Res), Monash University
- BEng (Env) (Hons), Deakin University
Andrew Barton is an Associate Professor in Water Engineering within the School of Science, Engineering and Information Technology. Andrew is also the Associate Dean (Teaching Quality) and a member of the School’s senior leadership team.
Andrew received his PhD from the University of Tasmania in the area of experimental fluid mechanics (near wall flows and surface roughness) and civil engineering hydraulics (hydropower systems). He also holds an MEngSc by research from Monash University. He has since worked for several years in both the water industry and academia in senior engineering, lecturing and management roles.
Andrew has strong research experience spanning the water resources engineering domain through his supervision of several PhD students, past ARC Linkage projects and numerous other research grants, and having published over 100 conference and journals papers. A range of government and industry clients regularly seek out Andrew for his consulting and expert services.
Andrew is a Chartered Professional Engineer, an Executive Engineer, and a Fellow of the Institution of Engineers Australia.
- Google Scholar - http://scholar.google.com.au/citations?user=Ydfj6rEAAAAJ&hl=en&oi=sra
- Researchgate - https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Andrew_Barton3
- LinkedIn - https://au.linkedin.com/in/andrew-barton-4778373a