8-10 Dec 2019. Workshop on Metric Bounds and Transversality (WoMBaT) 2019
The fourth Workshop on Metric Bounds and Transversality (WoMBaT 2019) took place in Melbourne 8-10 December 2019.
The program included lectures by international experts:
- Prof Fusheng Bai, Chongqing Normal University (China)
- Prof Ewa Bednarczuk, Polish Academy of Sciences
- Prof Jean-Pierre Crouzeix, University Clermont-Auvergne (France)
- Dr Reinier Diaz Millan, Federal Institute of Espirito Santo (Brazil)
- Prof Asen Dontchev, The University of Michigan (USA)
- Prof Alexander Ioffe, Technion (Israel)
- Dr Scott Lindstrom, Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Prof Marco López, University of Alicante (Spain), CIAO Adjunct Professor
- A/Prof Héctor Ramírez, University of Chile
- Dr Nir Sharon, Tel Aviv University (Israel)
- Prof Hong-Kun Xu, Hangzhou Dianzi University (China)
and many invited talks by researchers from Australia, including four CIAO researchers, five CIAO honorary members and two PhD students.
The topics of the workshop included error bounds, metric (sub-)regularity, Aubin property and calmness, transversality of collections of sets, subdifferential characterisations and applications of these properties to estimating the convergence of fundamental optimisation algorithms.