An IT degree will enable you to pursue a career in any industry you choose and help you play an important role in changing the world.
Work in an industry that enables you to improve quality of life through the design and development of innovative systems - Get into IT and start designing your future today.
Information technology is an established part of our lives, but one that continually faces new challenges and embraces new opportunities. We provide students with industry-recognised qualifications that lead to exciting, diverse careers.
With the Faculty's guidance and support, staff and students have made world-class achievements. These include developing award-winning smartphone applications, introducing computer modelling to improve understanding of sustainable energy, and using virtual technology to test new treatments in mental health.
IT specialisations for success
The flexibility of our undergraduate programs leads to a diverse range of career opportunities. Students undertaking the Bachelor of IT add breadth to their studies, with a wide variety of electives chosen, whereas students undertaking one of our specialist programs will add depth and further specialist expertise in their particular area of interest.
- Big data and analytics
- Business information systems
- Cloud and enterprise computing
- Games development
- Mobile app development
- Networking and Security
- Professional practice
- Software development
Worried about not being able to financially survive while you study?
Have the opportunity to receive a $35500 scholarship and work experience in an internship with IBM while you study the Bachelor of IT (Professional Practice), and be considered for a position with IBM or another of our industry sponsors upon graduation*.
*Subject to meeting graduate recruitment requirements
These programs are suitable for school leavers, TAFE graduates or mature age students who have no previous higher education qualifications in this area.
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Professional Practice)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Business Information Systems)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Big Data and Analytics)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Cloud and Enterprise Computing)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Games Development)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Mobile App Development)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Networking and Security)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Software development)
Our Bachelor of Science (Honours) will open up opportunities that can lead to world class research in a number of areas.
Take the next step in your career with our graduate programs. These programs are suitable for students with undergraduate tertiary qualifications or those with industry experience.
Ballarat, Gippsland and Online
- Graduate Diploma of Technology (Enterprise Systems and Business Analytics)
- Graduate Diploma of Technology (Software Engineering)
- Master of Technology (Enterprise Systems and Business Analytics)
- Master of Technology (Software Engineering)
- Master of Technology (Research)
- Master of Computing (by Research)
- Doctor of Philosophy