- Graduate Certificate in Health Professional Education - Monash University
- Master of Nursing (Education) - Monash University
- Certificate in Financial Management - Deakin University
- Graduate Certificate of Business Management Monash University
- Graduate Studies in Acute Clinical Nursing – Emergency Western Hospital, Footscray Campus, Victoria
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Nursing) – Conversion, Monash University
- Diploma of Applied Science (Nursing) Monash University
- Current - PhD Student – Federation University – Faculty of Nursing and Health Professions
I have been a lecturer in nursing for over 3 years and a clinical educator for 5 years prior to that. I was an Emergency nurse for over 15 years and, overall, I have 28 year experience as a registered nurse in Australia and the UK in public and private hospitals, business and education. I have a strong background in all types of simulation for undergraduate nurses and I have a special interest in communication, teamwork and leadership in critical care areas. I also have knowledge and interests in National Safety Standards and Person and family centred care
Teaching interests and focus
- Acute Care/ Emergency
- Family/Paediatric Nursing
- Transition to Practice
- Leadership and Management
Research interests and focus
- Communication for students with EASL
- Family and Patient Centred Care.
Project output (e.g. publications; abstracts; presentations etc)
2018 Presenter – Large Cohort simulation - How to make it work, Victorian Simulation Alliance Conference, Northern Health.
2017 Presenter – Holmesglen Faculty Showcase Symposium, Demonstration of Large group Simulation. Titled: Large Group Simulation: How to make it work.
2016 S.Bourke, A. Gamble, S. Goldmith, J. Jennings, D. Kiegaldie & N. Klein, (2016). Designing a high quality simulation scenario and simulated patient script, Holmesglen Institute and Healthscope Hospitals. Presented at Australian Catholic University Simulation Congress.
2014 Poster presentation “Brighton Nurse-Led Medical Emergency Team” at the National Nurse Educators Conference, Adelaide Convention Centre