Dr Amanda Timmer
Phone: 03 5122 6258
Discipline: Occupational Therapy
- Doctor of Philosophy, Central Queensland University
- Master of Occupational Therapy, University of South Australia
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Occupational Therapy), La Trobe University
- Occupational Therapy
- Allied Health Research Methods
- Allied Health Evidence Base Practice
- AHPRA registered Occupational Therapist
- Member of Occupational Therapy Australia
- Measuring health outcomes
- Hospital Associated Deconditioning
- Evidence based rehabilitation
Unsworth, C., Dickerson, A., Gélinas, I., Harries, P., Margot-Cattin, I., Mazer, B., Stapleton, T., Swanepoel, L., Timmer, A., Van Niekerk, L. & Vrkljan, B., (2021). Linking people and activities through community mobility: an international comparison of the mobility patterns of older drivers and non-drivers. Ageing & Society, 1-26.
Timmer, A. J., Unsworth, C. A., & Browne, M. (2020). Occupational therapy and activity pacing with hospital-associated deconditioned older adults: a randomised controlled trial. Disability and Rehabilitation, 42(12), 1727-1735.
Timmer, A. J., Unsworth, C. A., & Browne, M. (2019). A randomized controlled trial protocol investigating effectiveness of an activity-pacing program for deconditioned older adults. Canadian Journal of Occupational Therapy, 86(2), 136-147.
Unsworth, C. A., Timmer, A., & Wales, K (2018). Reliability of the Australian Therapy Outcome Measures for Occupational Therapy (AusTOMs‐OT). Australian Occupational Therapy Journal, 65(5), 376-386.
Timmer, A. J., Unsworth, C. A., & Taylor, N. F. (2015). Occupational therapy inpatient rehabilitation interventions with deconditioned older adults following an acute hospital admission: A Delphi study. Australian Occupational Therapy Journal 62(1),41-49.
Timmer, A. J., Unsworth, C. A., & Taylor, N. F. (2014). Rehabilitation interventions with deconditioned older adults following an acute hospital admission: a systematic review. Clinical Rehabilitation 28(11), 1078-1086.