Phone: (03) 5122 6117
Position: Program Coordinator / Lecturer
Discipline: Occupational Therapy
- Doctor of Philosophy, 2021, Monash University
- Master of Occupational Therapy, 2008, Curtin University
- Master of Education, 2004, University of South Australia
- Bachelor of Science, 1998, Butler University, Indianapolis, USA
- Disability/ injury
- Occupational therapy models and framework
- Evidence-based practice
- AHPRA Registered Occupational Therapist (2012- present)
- Accredited Hand Therapist (as awarded by Australian Hand Therapy Association) (2011- present)
- Member of the AHT Credentialing Council (2021- present)
- Education & Professional Development Sub-committee (2016 - 2020)
- Digital Education Coordinator (2016- present)
- OT Australia Member (2009- present)
- Committee participation:
- OT Australia Divisional Council Member 2010 & 2011.
- Divisional Chair March- 2011.
- ACT National Advisory Council representative 2011
- Registered Occupational Therapist (USA) (2012- present)
- Certified Hand Therapist (USA) (2014-present)
- Qualitative studies
- Psychosocial outcomes
- Occupational adaptation
- Teaching and learning
Brito, S., White, J., Thomacos, N., & Hill, B. (2021). The lived experience following free functioning muscle transfer for management of pan-brachial plexus injury: reflections from a long-term follow-up study. Disability and Rehabilitation. https://doi.org/10.1080/09638288.2019.1668970
Brito, S., White, J., Hill, B.,Thomacos, N., Hill, B. (in press). Effective long-term management of brachial plexus injury following surgery: what is needed from hand therapists’ perspectives. Journal of Hand Therapy.
Lee, D-C. A.; Brito, S.; Hill, R. M.; Zin, X.; Newton, F; Yu, M-L.; Flynn, C.; Haines, T.P. (under review) International allied health students’ perspective on fieldwork placement: Preparation, experiences, challenges and recommendations for future support programs. Higher Education Research & Development.
Occupational Therapy Australia (July 2019)
Combined12 Asia Pacific Federation of Societies of Hand Surgeons / 8 Asia Pacific Federation of Societies of Hand Therapy (March 2020)