Phone: (03) 5122 8140
Discipline: Nursing and Midwifery
- Registered Nurse
- Registered Midwife
- Diploma of Applied Science (Nursing)
- Bachelor of Nursing (Post registration)
- Graduate Diploma of Midwifery
- Master of Clinical Midwifery
- Graduate Certificate in Health Professional Education
- Renal Short Course Certificate
- Sexual and Reproductive Health Certificate
- Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation (ANMF)
- Australian College of Midwives (ACM)
- Midwifery Academics: Victoria (MIDAC)
Grants and awards
- 2013 Project title: Transforming Teaching and Assessment Practice: Using Digital Audio Assessment Feedback for quicker, better, focussed feedback to enhance student learning experiences and outcomes Monash University Learning and Teaching Grant. Monash University $15,000
- 2010-2013 – Award Letter from Deputy Dean (Teaching), Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health sciences, Monash University for Unit MID2105 (Supporting Birthing Women) evaluation rating above 4.7
- 2009 – Award Letter from Deputy Dean (Teaching), Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health sciences, Monash University for Unit MID1002 (Making Practice Connections) evaluation rating above 4.7
- Women's views and experiences of maternity care in the rural setting
- Maternity workforce issues
- Adaptation to parenting of both women and men
- Practice development
- Simulation based education
- Unscheduled midwifery telephone consultations (telephone triage) with pregnant women
- Health literacy
Bailey, C - Chapter 18: Nursing care of a family with a newborn, in Haley, C. (2015). Pillitteri's Child and Family Health Nursing in Australia and New Zealand, 2nd edition. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins.
Bailey, C - Chapter 18: Nursing care of a family with a newborn, in Haley, C. (2012). Pillitteri's Child and Family Health Nursing in Australia and New Zealand, 1st edition. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins.
Pretorius, L., Bailey, C. and Miles, M. (2014). Constructive alignment in midwifery: using theory to practically align graduate attributes, learning experiences, and assessment tasks in the undergraduate midwifery curriculum. International Journal of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education. Vol 24, No.3
Biro, M., Cant, R., Hall, H., Bailey, C., Sinni, S and East, C. (2013). How effectively do midwives manage the care of obese pregnant women? A cross-sectional survey of Australian midwives. Women and Birth. doi.org/10.1016/j.wombi.2013.01.006
McKenna, L.G., Gilmour, C.J., Biro, M.A., McIntyre, M.J., Bailey, C.M., Jones, J.M., Miles, M.A., Hall, H.G., McLelland, G.E. (2013). Undergraduate midwifery students' sense of belongingness in clinical practice, Nurse Education Today, Vol 33, Issue 8, Churchill Livingstone, United Kingdom, pp. 880-883.
Francis, K.L., Birks, M.J., Al-Motlaq, M., Davis, J., Miles, M.A., Bailey, C.M. (2010). Responding to a rural health workforce shortfall: Double degree preparation of the nurse midwife, Australian Journal of Rural Health, Vol 18, Issue 5, Wiley-Blackwell Publishing Asia, Australia, pp. 210-211.