Research aims and strategic plan
Grounded in practice, the School of Health aims to engage in a range of programs that enhance the impact and translation of research to improve the well-being of individuals and communities across the life span, particularly in regional and rural communities.
In order to achieve this, the School focusses on strategies relating to the development and achievement of research, policy and service impact.
To increase research/scholarly impact
- Recruit and retain innovative researchers to provide sustainable leadership.
- Attract and mentor research students from local, national and international communities to engage in cutting-edge research.
- Enhance and encourage a collegial, scholarly community, including across disciplines and organisations.
To develop greater policy impact
- Collaborate with organisations regarding the benefit of incorporating research into policy development and implementation
- Assist organisations to implement policy in practice and evaluate its outcomes.
To improve service impact
- Develop and maintain collaborative partnerships that represent cross-institutional and multiple discipline teams.
- Generate and disseminate research and scholarly endeavours to enable and support mobilisation of knowledge and evidence within practice settings.
- Develop research programs that directly relate to health service requirements.
- Develop creative and scholarly approaches to teaching and learning that support and enhance safe, high quality clinical practice.
These aims will achieved through the strategies listed in the strategic action plan.
Wellbeing across the life span in rural/regional communities: practice and partnerships that enhance workforce, population health and quality and safety, through innovation and translation.
Situated in practice contexts the School of Health engages in research that enhances workforce development, population health and quality and safety. Working with rural/regional populations the School aims to enhance biopsychosocial wellbeing throughout life. The School supports innovative approaches to research and translation of evidence using multiple strategies.