Dr Loch Forsyth
Phone: (03) 53279133
- Master of Industrial and Organisational Psychology
- B.Psych.Sci (Hons)
- Research Methods
- Developmental Psychology
- Psychological Assessment
- Research Supervision
Psychology Board of Australia
- General registration
- Organisation Psychology Registrar
- International Association of Applied Psychology (IAAP)
- Member of the Australian Psychological Society (APS)
- Associate Member of APS College of Organisational Psychologists
- Member of Military and Emergency Services and Psychology Interest Group (APS)
- Member of Coaching Psychology Interest Group (APS)
My main area of interest is currently focused on detecting deception in both organizational and forensic contexts. I am especially interested in identifying faking, impression management and deception at the recruitment and selection stages of the hiring process. I also hold interests in areas that include emotion recognition, emotion regulation and language.
Publications (last 5 years)
Forsyth, L. & Anglim, J. (Manuscript submitted). Using text analysis software to detect deception in written short-answer questions in employee selection
Forsyth, L., & Hayes, L. (2014). The effects of acceptance of thoughts, mindful awareness of breathing and spontaneous coping on an experimentally induced pain task. The Psychological Record, 64(3), 447-455.
Forsyth, L., Parker, P. D., Heaven, P., & Ciarrochi, J. (2014). Social support and its relationship with adolescent emotion regulation and mental health: A longitudinal investigation. The 28th International Conference of Applied Psychology Paris.
Forsyth, L., Hayes, L., Parker, P. D., Heaven, P., & Ciarrochi, J (2013). Emotion regulation and adolescent wellbeing: A longitudinal study Contextual Behavioural Science World Conference Sydney.