Greenslade, Penelope (Dr) - Research
Current research projects/students
Factors affecting success of native faunal return to restored sites. Changes over ten years in species distribution along an altitudinal transect in Tasmania, New species from Antarctica,: one Ph D. two third year students
Consulting and other activities
Consulting on Collembola identification. Lecturing to specialist, student and community group audiences.
- Greenslade Penelope and Convey, P. 2012. Exotic Collembola on subantarctic islands: pathways, origins and biology. Biological Invasions 14: 405-417. DOI 10.1007/s10530-011-0086-8
- Greenslade, Penelope, Roger Kitching 2011. Potential effects of climate warming on the distribution of Collembola along an altitudinal transect in Lamington National Par, Queensland, Australia. Memoirs of the Queensland Museum Nature 55(2): 333-347.
- Penelope Greenslade, Lesa Bell and S. Florentine. 2011. Auditing revegetated catchments by measuring decomposition rates in soil and development of collembolan species assemblages in southern Australia. Soil Organisms 83: 433-450.
- Penelope Greenslade, P. Vernon and D. Smith. 2012. Ecology of Heard Island Diptera. Polar Biology 35: 841-850.
- Greenslade Penelope & Potapov Mikhail. 2012. An extreme case of epitoky in an Australian Collembola: Isotopenola perterrens sp.n. (Isotomidae). Arthropod Systematics 70(2): 85-94.
- Penelope Greenslade, Andrew Burbidge and A. Jasmyn J. Lynch. 2012 Quarantine or surveillance: cost efficiency versus effectiveness for development in a biodiverse island sanctuary. Letter to Editor.
- Penelope Greenslade, Andrew Burbidge and A. Jasmyn J. Lynch. 2012 Quarantine or surveillance: cost efficiency versus effectiveness for development in a biodiverse island sanctuary. Letter to Editor. Biological Conservation 157 : 434-436 dx. doi.org/10.1016/j.biocon.2012.05.021
- Penelope Greenslade, Mikhail Potapov 2, David Russel, Peter Convey 4. 2012. Global Collembola on Deception Island. Journal of Insect Science 12: 1-16.
- Porco D., Bedos A., Greenslade P., Janion C., Skarzinsky D., Stevens, M., Deharveng L. 2012. species delimitation in Collembola: cryptic diversity cases among common springtails unveiled by DNA barcoding
- Greenslade, Penelope, S. Boyer and Wratten, S. 2013. New records of springtail (Collembola) species in New Zealand pasture: how well do we know our pastoral invertebrate fauna? New Zealand Journal of Agricultural Research 56(2): 93-101.
- W.A. Low A. McNally, B.K.Davies and P. Greenslade . 2012. Monitoring restoration success of a linear feature in Australia's arid zone. The Rangeland Journal 34: 399-414.
Professional memberships and associations
- Australasian Systematics Association
- Collembola (Springtails)
- Antarctic and Subantarctic faunas
- Invasive species
- Indicators of human impacts and of restoration success
- Effect of climate change on montane faunas