Ruan, Ning (Dr) - Research
Current research projects/students
- Global optimisation and computational science
- Applied mathematics and complex systems
- Operations research and industrial systems engineering
- Liner shipping network design, logistics and supply Chain
Consulting and other activities
Logistics and scheduling optimisation
- Gao, D.Y., Ruan, N. and Xing, W. X. (2015), Advances in Global Optimization, Springer, New York.
- Ruan, N. and Gao, D.Y. (2015), Global solutions to fractional programming problem with ratio of nonconvex functions. Applied Mathematics and Computation. 255, 66-72.
- Ruan, N. and Gao, D.Y. (2014), Global optimal solutions to sensor network localization problem. Performance Evaluation. 75-76, 1-16.
- Ruan, N., and Gao, D. Y. (2014), Canonical duality approach for nonlinear dynamical systems. IMA Journal of Applied Mathematics, 79(2), 313-325.
- Ruan, N., Chen, Y. and Gao, D.Y. (2013), An efficient classification using support vector machines. Proceedings of 2013 Science and Information conference, The Science and Information Organization, 585-589,ISBN: 978-0-9893193-0-0.
- Gao, D.Y., Ruan, N. and Pardalos, P.M. (2012), Canonical dual solutions to sum of fourth-order polynomials minimization problems with applications to sensor network localization. Boginski, V. L., Commander, C.W., Pardalos, P.M. and Ye, Y. Y. (Eds.), Sensors: Theory, Algorithms, and Applications. Springer, 61, 37-54, ISBN: 978-0-387-88618-3.
- Ruan, N., Gao, D.Y., and Jiao, Y. (2010), Canonical dual least square method for solving general nonlinear systems of quadratic equations, Computational Optimization and Applications, 47(2), 335-347.
- Gao, D.Y. and Ruan, N. (2010), Solutions to quadratic minimization problems with box and integer constraints, Journal of Global Optimization, 47(3): 463-484.
- Gao, D.Y., Ruan, N. and Sherali, H. D. (2010), Canonical dual solutions to fixed cost quadratic programs, Optimization and Optimal Control: Theory and Applications, Chinchuluun, A., Pardalos, P.M., Enkhbat, R. and Tseveendorj, L. (Eds.), Springer, 39, 139-156, ISBN: 978-0-387-89495-9.
- Gao, D.Y., Ruan, N. and Sherali, H. D. (2009), Solutions and optimality criteria for nonconvex constrained global optimization problems with connections between canonical and Lagrangian duality, Journal of Global Optimization, 45(3): 473-497.
- Gao, D.Y. and Ruan, N. (2008), Complete solutions and optimality criteria for nonconvex quadratic-exponential minimization problem, Mathematical Methods of Operations Research, 67(3): 479-491.
Professional memberships and associations
- Australian Mathematical Society (AustMS)
- The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- American Mathematical Society (AMS)
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM)
- Non-convex optimisation
- (Mixed) integer programming
- Canonical primal-dual algorithm
- Nonlinear dynamical systems
- Data mining
- Sensor network localisation
- Supply chain optimisation