Dr Gour Karmakar
|Name||Dr Gour Karmakar|
|Position Title||Senior Lecturer|
- Internet of Things (IoT), Industrial IoT and cyber security
- Image and video processing
- Artificial Intelligence (Fuzzy logic and ANN)
- Wireless sensor, cognitive and social networks
- Big data analytics and opinion mining
- Simulation modelling
Gour C. Karmakar (M’01) received a B.Sc. degree from CSE, BUET in 1993, and Masters and Ph.D. degrees in Information Technology from the Faculty of Information Technology, Monash University, in 1999 and 2003, respectively. He is currently a senior lecturer at Federation University Australia. He has published over 153 peer-reviewed research publications including 34 international peer-reviewed reputed journal papers and was awarded six best papers in reputed international conferences. He received a prestigious ARC linkage grant in 2011. He was nominated for the selection of the best researcher of the Gippsland Campus, Monash University, Australia for 2007 from the Gippsland School of Information Technology. He has successfully supervised 14 Ph.D. and four Masters by research projects from the commencement to completion. One of his Ph.D. students received both Mollie Holman Doctoral and Faculty of Information Technology Doctoral Medals in 2009. His research interest includes multimedia signal processing, big data analytics, Internet of Things, and cybersecurity including trustworthiness measure.
He is also maintaining research-teaching nexus and has published international refereed conference papers on teaching and learning topics. Since 2002, he has been teaching a wide-ranging core IT and computer science courses. Some examples of these courses include introduction to multimedia and Internet technology, multimedia development, advanced multimedia and networked technology, system analysis and design, web programming, software engineering, eCommerce, enterprise programming, information security, professional development, network protocols & services, cloud and enterprise computing, and network architecture and design. He is a member of IEEE.
- Graduate Certificate in Higher Education - Monash University, 2005
- PhD in Information Technology - Monash University, 2003
- Master of Computing - Monash University 2001
- Bachelor in Computer Science and Engineering – Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, 1993
- Core IT and computer science courses