Khandelwal, Manoj (Dr) - Research
Consulting and other activities
- Application of neural network for study on effect of blast design parameters on blast induced ground vibration funded by Council of Scientific & Industrial Research, Govt. of India (2003-2007).
- Project entitled "Application of neural network for the prediction of blast induced ground vibration" was sponsored by Dept of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations, Govt. of Australia, 2008-09.
- Scientific Blast Vibration study of Gujarat Mineral Development Corporation, Govt of Gujarat, 2013.
- Stability Evaluation of Highwall of Green Marble Mine, Rikhabdeo, 2014.
- Scientific Blast Vibration Study and Suggesting Controlled Blasting Techniques to Iron Ore Mines of M/s Jindal Saw Pvt Ltd, Bhilwara, 2014.
- Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering
- Rock Blasting
- Environmental Geotechnology
- Slope Stability
- Ground Control
Awards and recognition
- Publons Peer Review Award, 2018
- Publons Peer Review Award, 2017
- Sentinel of Science Award by Publons, 2016
- Endeavour Executive Award, 2015 by the Govt of Australia.
- Australia Awards Ambassador by Australian High Commissioner to India, 2014.
- Certificate of Outstanding Contribution in Reviewing by The Editors of Applied Soft Computing, Elsevier, The Netherlands in July, 2014.
- Young Mining Engineer of the Year Award by Mining Engineers' Association of India, 2012.
- Fast Track Proposal for Young Scientist by Dept of Science and Technology, Govt of India, 2010.
- Engineering Research Fellowship by Monash University, Australia, 2010.
- Young Engineer Award by Intuition of Engineers (India), 2009.
- Endeavour Research Fellowship from Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations, Govt of Australia, 2008.
- Young Scientist Award by Indian Science Congress Association, 2006 (by the then honorable President of India).
- Senior Research Fellowship of Council of Scientific & Industrial Research, Govt of India (2003-2007).
- GATE Fellowship by Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt of India (2000-2002).
Membership of professional bodies
- Member, Australasian Institute of Mining & Metallurgy.
- Member, Society for Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration, USA
- Life Member, Mining Engineers Association of India.
- Board Member – International Association of Scientific Innovation and Research
- Senior Member, International Engineering and Technology Institute
Technical / organising committee member – international conferences
- International Conference on Maintenance and Intelligent Asset Management, 17-18 Jan 2020, Bangalore, India.
- 5th International Conference on Green Materials and Environmental Engineering (GMEE2019), 27-29 Dec 2019, Guangzhou, China
- 4th International Conference on Communication Systems-2019 (ICCS-2019), 18-19 Oct 2019, Pilani, India
- 8th International Conference on Environment, Energy and Biotechnology, 2-5 July 2019, Okinawa, Japan.
- 2nd International Conference on Energy and Power, 13-15 Dec 2018, Sydney.
- Advanced Materials World Congress, 04-08 Feb 2018, Singapore.
- World Symposium on Geology & Earth Sciences, 2-4 Oct 2017, Beijing, China.
- International Conference on Recent Trends in Civil Engineering and Water Resources Engineering, 10-11 Aug 2017, Hyderabad, India.
- 6th International Conference on Geological and Environmental Sciences, 20-22 Aug 2017, Kitakyushu, Japan.
- The United Conference on Architecture, Design, Earth Sciences and Geography, 20-22 May 2017, Shanghai, China.
- International Conference on Geo-Mechanics, Geo-Energy and Geo-Resources, 28-29 Sept 2016, Melbourne, Australia.
- The 5th International Conference on Geology and Geophysics, 19-21 July 2015, Shanghai, China.
- The 2nd International Conference on Engineering Science and Technology 31 Oct-2 Nov 2014, Qingdao, China.
- The 3rd International Conference on Geology and Geophysics 13-15 June 2014, Beijing, China.
- International Conference on New Energy and Sustainable Development 14-16 June 2013, Beijing, China.
- The 2nd International Conference on Geology and Geophysics 03-05 Dec 2013, Sanya, China.