You, Greg (Dr)
Program coordinator of mining engineering
|Office||Y221 (Mt Helen)|
|Phone||+61 3 5327 9136|
16 years’ combined leadership as the Program Coordinator of Mining Engineering at Federation University Australia (10 years) and as the Technical Manager of Asia/Pacific Region at GSE Lining Technology Co. Ltd. (6 years), having hosted more than 60 seminars in 13 countries; 20 years’ experience in engineering higher education, industry engagement, and research, with 64 research papers many of which are on high impact factor or SCI indexed international journals; and Interdisciplinary knowledge, skills and experiences in mining, environment, geology and civil engineering with proven ability to deliver high quality teaching and research, to provide technical services, and to communicate effectively with industry, government and community.
- Graduate Certificate of Education in Tertiary Education, Federation University Australia, Ballarat, Australia, commenced in 2019 and plan to complete in 2021.
- PhD, Geotechnical Engineering, Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok, Thailand, 2003.
- Master, Mining Engineering, Wuhan Institute of Iron & Steel Technology (now Wuhan University of Science and Technology), Wuhan, China, 1990.
- Bachelor, Mining Engineering, Wuhan Institute of Chemical Technology (now Wuhan Institute of Technology), Wuhan, China, 1987.
Other qualifications (selected)
- Certificates of Maptek Vulcan3D Software Courses for Underground Mine Design (Metalliferous) and Underground Ring Design, Maptek, 2015.
- Certificates of Maptek Vulcan3D Software Courses for Introduction to Vulcan and Open Pit Design, Maptek, 2013.
- Certificate of Dale Carnegie Course, Dale Carnegie & Associates Inc., 2002.
- ENGIN2501 Mine Power and Services
- ENGIN3501 Underground Production Systems
- ENGIN3504 Underground Mine & Infrastructure Development
- ENGIN5505 Mine Planning & Scheduling
- ENGIN5512 Underground Production Systems
- ENGIN5513 Materials handling & Hoisting
- ENGIN5515 Tunneling & Mine Development
Memberships of professional associations
- Member of Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (AusIMM) (current)
- Life member of South East Asia Geotechnic Society (current)
- Member of International Geosynthetics Society (2001 – 2006)
|2009 -||Program Coordinator of Mining Engineering||Federation University Australia|
|2006 -||Senior Lecturer – Mining Engineering||Federation University Australia|
|2001 – 2006||Technical Manager – Asia/Pacific Region||GSE Lining Technology Co. Ltd.|
|1990 – 1998||Lecturer – Mining Engineering||Wuhan Institute of Chemical Technology|