As Pre Service Teachers, professional experience provides you with a vital opportunity to integrate what you have learned at university with practical experience in education settings that, in turn, will inform and enrich your continuing university studies.
It is important to take the time to read carefully the information in the following resources to ensure you fully understand the expectations of your placement and the roles and responsibilities of all partners involved in the placement.
- Professional Experience Student Legal Responsibilities and Procedures (pdf, 167kb)
- Professional Experience Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) (pdf, 140kb)
- Professional Experience Placement Check-list (pdf, 93kb)
- PST Class Orientation Template (Undergraduate Immersion Practicum) – visit Professional Experience Moodle
- Victorian Institute of Teaching
- VIT The Victorian Teaching Profession Codes of Conduct and Ethics
- Early Childhood Australia Code of Ethics
- Australian Children’s Education & Care Quality Authority (ACECQA)
- Victorian Department of Education and Training (DET)
- Department of Justice and Community Safety - Working with Children Check (WWCC) Applications
- Office of the Victorian Information Commissioner (OVIC) for information about privacy and the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic)