This site provides prospective students, employers, parents and teachers with information about apprenticeships and traineeships.
Australian apprenticeships are available to anyone of working age and do not require any entry qualifications. You can be a school-leaver, re-entering the workforce or simply wishing to change careers.
Australian apprenticeships offer:
- A great way to get a head start in a chosen career.
- Paid work and structured training that can be on-the-job, off-the-job or a combination of both.
- Competency-based training which means you can complete your training faster if you reach the required skills level.
- Existing skills and prior experience are recognised and course credit granted, potentially reducing formal training time. Available as full-time or part-time, also available part-time in many schools.
- Leads to nationally recognised qualifications and skills which provide the basis for further education and training over the course of your working life.
- A pathway from school to work.