Dr Jasvinder Sidhu
|Position:||Program Manager, MPA|
Jasvinder Sidhu came to Australia in 2005 as an international student to study at RMIT having taught one year in India as a lecturer in the state of Punjab. Jasvinder Sidhu completed his Master of Professional Accounting and Master of Commerce degrees at RMIT in 2006 and also completed an Honours degree at University of Ballarat in 2010. In 2015 he won RMIT University Higher Degree by Research Publication Excellence Prize. While undertaking his Honours and PhD research, Jasvinder authored eight journal articles, including in Accounting History, Journal of Intellectual Capital, and Corporate Ownership and Control, and has presented peer-reviewed papers at conferences in Europe, North America, India and New Zealand.
His main research interests are accounting history and intellectual capital. He is also involved in volunteer work and applies accounting techniques in creating efficient service models for community work.
- PhD on intra-professional conflicts - School of Accounting, RMIT University
- Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching and Learning - School of Education, RMIT University
- Honours (First Class) - School of Business, University of Ballarat
- Master of Commerce - School of Accounting, RMIT University
- Master of Professional Accounting - School of Accounting, RMIT university
- Master of Computer Applications - Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar, India
- Bachelor of Commerce - Punjab University, Chandigarh, India
Professional memberships and associations
- Reviewed papers for conferences and journals such as British Accounting Review, Critical Perspective on Accounting Conference, AFAANZ, etc.