Dr Richard A. Iles
I commence at the Federation Business School in June 2020. Immediately prior, I was an Assistant Professor at Washington State University (USA) within the Economics department (2016 - 2020). I was also affiliated with the Paul G. Allen School for Global Animal Health. As a Research Fellow at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (UK) I worked as part of the Maternal Healthcare Evaluation Team - http://met-lshtm.com - and the Nature of Competition project (2015-2016). This project conducted a census of private delivery facilities across 5 districts in Uttar Pradesh, India and surveyed a cross-section of private providers.
I completed my Ph.D in economics from Griffith University (Australia) in 2015. The topic of my dissertation was consumer demand for primary healthcare in rural north India. My research focused on demand for fever treatment provided by qualified and unqualified healthcare providers in India's most populous state - Uttar Pradesh.
My research expertise includes:
- Use of Discrete Choice Experiments.
- Measuring Short-term cognition; and
- Modeling human cognition in agent-based simulations.
- PhD (economics) – Griffith University
- Masters of Health Economics – UQ
- Masters of Teaching (Hons) – USyd
- BA/BEc (Hons) - ANU
- Applied Economics (1402)
- Psychology and Cognitive Science (1799)
- Economics Development Policy (160505)
- Health Policy (160508)
Current research projects
- Human Cognition and Food Choice
- Human Decision Making in agent-based modelling
Professional memberships and associations
- International Health Economics Association
- International Society for Economics and Social Sciences of Animal Health
- Agricultural and Applied Economics Association