Madurika Nanayakkara is a sessional academic in accounting in the Federation Business School, Gippsland Campus, Federation University Australia. She has over 10 years’ experience working, researching and teaching in the accounting and finance disciplines. While providing her service as a sessional academic, she is currently reading for her Doctor of Philosophy degree in Finance in the Federation Business School. Prior to this, she spent 6 years at University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka, where she held position as Senior Lecturer, and 4 years at NHCO-Chartered Accountants in Sri Lanka as the Senior Audit Manager.
She has teaching experience in corporate finance, financial accounting, auditing, taxation and international trade. She has supervised a number of Master and Honours students to completion when she was working in Sri Lanka. Moreover, Madurika provided her contribution to numerous committees as a member and to examination processes as a paper setter and an examiner in the Institute of Chartered Accountants, Institute of Certified Management Accountants and Association of Accounting Technicians of Sri Lanka.
- Master of Business Administration – University of Colombo, Sri Lanka (MBA in Finance)
- Bachelor of Business Management (Accounting) Honours –University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka-[B.B.Mgt. (Accountancy]hons – First Class
- Chartered Accountant-FCA
- Certified Management Accountant - ACMA(SL)
- Certified professional Manager- ACPM(SL)
Cost Management, Management Accounting, International Trade and Finance, Labour Economics
Professional memberships and associations
- Fellow Member – Institute of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka
- Associate Member – Institute of Certified Management Accountants of Sri Lanka
- Associate Member – Institute of Certified Professional Managers of Sri Lanka
- Selected as a FedUni HDR researchers to be profiled for the International Day of Women and Girls in Science by linking the PhD research study with FedUni’s Athena SWAN project.
- 3rd Prize – Best oral presentation - HDR Conference, Federation University, Australia 2017 July
- Cooperative Society Gold Medal for the student who obtained Highest marks for Contemporary Management Thoughts course in Master of Business Administration programme, University of Colombo – 2010/2012 cohort
- Best Presentation – Session three, International Conference on Multidisciplinary Innovation for Sustainability and Growth (MISG-2014), Malaysia