Dr Paul McPhee
- Regional development, projection, planning and growth and associated (spatial) integrated inter-industry econometric models (input-output, CGE)
- Regional impacts of macroeconomic policy and prudential regulation
- SMEs and regional innovation
- Regional implications of e-commerce usage
- Implications of workplace change
- Bioeconomic and biophysical model applications
Academic qualifications are listed above, and include speciality in spatial econometrics, regional modelling and analysis, and industrial relations. Paul was awarded an ARC/APAI Scholarship to undertake PhD studies (under completion), and has completed the Australian Research Council Research Network's Spatially Integrated Sciences (ARCRNSISS), theory and analytical methods summer school.
Professional experience includes: developing and analysing economic indicators, survey design and analysis within the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS); policy advice and economic analysis within the Federal treasury; serving on Federal Government Economic Forecasting Committees;, and various teaching and research positions at the universities of Queensland and Wollongong.
Prior appointments include modelling various demand and supply induced policy simulations which facilitate the networking and information sharing of regional small to medium sized firms and exporters within New South Wales. The purpose of this project was to develop policies that enhance export performance, and specific policy recommendations are forwarded to the New South Wales Department of Regional Development.
- BEc (UNE)
- GradDipAppEc (UQ)
- MEc(Research) (UQ)
- PhD (UoW)
Professional memberships and associations
- Econometric Society
- Regional Science Association
- International Input-Output Association
- Economic Society