Dr Abdel Halabi
Abdel is a senior lecturer in accounting at the Federation Business School, Gippsland Campus. Prior to Federation University, Abdel was employed at Monash University Gippsland Campus, and entered university from a background of secondary education teaching.
Abdel has taught in Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong and Malaysia. He was also an Associate Professor at the University of Witwatersrand in South Africa (2010 – 2012). Abdel has held leadership positions such as Discipline Head of Accounting (Gippsland); Higher Degrees by Research Co-ordinator and Gippsland Campus based Research Committee.
- Business (Accounting) - Bachelor - Bendigo CAE 1984
- Education (Secondary) - Postgraduate diploma - Melbourne College of Advanced Education 1985
- Business (Accounting) - Postgraduate diploma - Warrnambool IAE, Deakin University 1992
- Business (Accounting) Master by coursework - Monash University 1996
- Accounting - Doctorate by research - Monash University 2004
Professional memberships and associations
- Editorial board of Issues in Accounting Education, Meditari (Accounting Research) and Sporting Traditions.
- CPA Australia's Gippsland Branch.
- Member of the Chartered Accountants of Australia and New Zealand.