New Colombo Plan
The New Colombo Plan (NCP) is a signature initiative of the Australian Government which aims to lift knowledge of the Indo-Pacific in Australia by supporting Australian undergraduates to study in the region.
The New Colombo Plan is intended to be transformational, deepening Australia's relationships in the region, both at the individual level and through expanding university, business and other links.
You can find more information on the New Colombo Plan on the Australian Governments Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade website.
|Eligible host locations|
|Bangladesh||French Polynesia||Maldives||Pakistan||Sri Lanka|
|Bhutan||Hong Kong||Marshall Islands||Palau||Taiwan|
|Brunei Darussalam||India||Mongolia||Papua New Guinea||Thailand|
|China||Japan||Nauru||Republic of Korea||Tonga|
|Federation States of Micronesia||Laos||New Caledonia||Singapore||Vanuatu|
In order to be eligible to participate in the New Colombo study tour, you must be:
- Be a domestic student enrolled in a Federation Business School Undergraduate Program
- Be an Australian citizen aged between 18 and 28 inclusive at the commencement of the Mobility Project subject (limits apply to those over 28 years of age)
- Be looking for new challenges and experiences
- Be willing to enrol in and complete the course requirements of BUEXC3504 International Exchange study course (15 CP)
- Be aware of the requirement to comply with DFAT’s Child Protection Policy 2017 and Preventing Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment Policy 2019 (including the reporting obligations under these policies)
What is involved?
These tours involve:
- Time in the host location, as part of a group of fellow students, plus a Federation Business School staff member as leader.
- A travel scholarship to cover airfares, accommodation, travel insurance, and some other expenses.
- Credit for BUEXC3504, involving tour participation and completion of course requirements.
- Study in the host location, industry tours, and cultural experiences.
How can I join?
Interested? What you need to do:
- Read through the information brochures and the study tour flyer.
- Complete an Expression of Interest, and a submission addressing the criteria listed in the EOI form (no more than 2 pages), then submit by the posted due date to InPlace
- Attend a selection interview.
- Attend an information session.
- Participate in New Colombo Plan events organised by the Federation Business School, Federation University Australia, or the government. These events include open day(s), publicity and information sessions, and/or presentations to boards or committees.
OS-HELP is a loan available to eligible students enrolled in an Australian Government-supported place who want to undertake some of their study overseas. OS-HELP can be used for a range of expenses such as airfares, accommodation, and other travel or study expenses. Students may receive one loan per six-month Study Period and can access a total of two OS-HELP loans over their lifetime. Further information on OS-HELP loans is available from the Study Assist website.
Further questions? Please contact Belinda Pearson (email@example.com)
The Federation Business School has applied for 2021 NCP Short Term Mobility funding. Please stay tuned for future NCP study tour opportunities!
NCP study tours will be advertised in InPlace, please login to check for new opportunities.
Due to COVID-19, the Federation Business School has cancelled the 2020 Nepal study tour.