New Colombo Plan
The New Colombo Plan is a signature initiative of the Australian Government which aims to lift knowledge of the Indo-Pacific in Australia by supporting Australian undergraduates to study in the region.
The New Colombo Plan is intended to be transformational, deepening Australia's relationships in the region, both at the individual level and through expanding university, business and other links.
In January of 2016, Associate Professor Philippa Wells accompanied eight students on a tour of South Korea, taking in Seoul and Busan during their three week stay. This tour involved students gaining insights into aspects of Korean culture, politics and history, as well as the business environment, policy, and practice.
You can find more information on the New Colombo Plan on the Australian Governments Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade website.
In order to be eligible to participate in the New Colombo study tour, you must be:
- An undergraduate, domestic student enrolled in a Federation Business School program
- An Australian citizen aged over 18 (limits apply to those over 28 years of age)
- Looking for new challenges and experiences.
- Willing to enrol and complete the course requirements of BUEXC3504.
What is involved?
These tours involve:
- Time in the host location, as part of a group of fellow students, plus an academic staff member as leader.
- A travel scholarship to cover airfares, accommodation, travel insurance, and some other expenses.
- Credit for BUEXC3504, involving tour participation and completion of course requirements.
- Study in the host location, industry tours, and cultural experiences.
How can I join?
Interested? What you need to do:
- Read through the information brochures and the study tour flyer.
- Complete an Expression of Interest, and a submission addressing the criteria listed in the EOI form (no more than 2 pages), then submit by the posted due date to InPlace
- Attend a selection interview.
- Attend an information session.
- Participate in New Colombo Plan events organised by the Federation Business School, Federation University Australia, or the government. These events include open day(s), publicity and information sessions, and/or presentations to boards or committees.
Further questions? Please contact Belinda Pearson (email@example.com)
Federation Business School has been approved to offer a study tour of Shenzhen from 10 to 24 January 2020 (these dates are subject to booking confirmations).
For more information on this opportunity, please view the study tour flyer (pdf, 421kb). If you are interested in being a participant in the study tour, please fill out the expression of interest form (pdf, 50kb).
Expressions of interest for the following study tours have now closed:
2019 study tour to Dalian.