New Colombo Plan
The New Colombo Plan is a signature initiative of the Australian Government which aims to lift knowledge of the Indo-Pacific in Australia by supporting Australian undergraduates to study in the region.
The New Colombo Plan is intended to be transformational, deepening Australia's relationships in the region, both at the individual level and through expanding university, business and other links.
You can find more information on the New Colombo Plan on the Australian Governments Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade website.
In order to be eligible to participate in the New Colombo study tour, you must be:
- An undergraduate, domestic student enrolled in a Federation Business School program
- An Australian citizen aged over 18 (limits apply to those over 28 years of age)
- Looking for new challenges and experiences.
- Willing to enrol and complete the course requirements of BUEXC3504.
What is involved?
These tours involve:
- Time in the host location, as part of a group of fellow students, plus a Federation Business School staff member as leader.
- A travel scholarship to cover airfares, accommodation, travel insurance, and some other expenses.
- Credit for BUEXC3504, involving tour participation and completion of course requirements.
- Study in the host location, industry tours, and cultural experiences.
How can I join?
Interested? What you need to do:
- Read through the information brochures and the study tour flyer.
- Complete an Expression of Interest, and a submission addressing the criteria listed in the EOI form (no more than 2 pages), then submit by the posted due date to InPlace
- Attend a selection interview.
- Attend an information session.
- Participate in New Colombo Plan events organised by the Federation Business School, Federation University Australia, or the government. These events include open day(s), publicity and information sessions, and/or presentations to boards or committees.
Further questions? Please contact Belinda Pearson (email@example.com)
The Federation Business School is pleased to announce that we currently have a study tour opportunity accepting expressions of interest:
- Nepal, during the September-October period of 2020.
For more information on this study tours, please see the upcoming opportunities flyer (pdf, 491kb).
To participate in one of our currently advertised study tours, please complete an expression of interest (pdf, 139kb).
- Samoa, during the June-July period of 2020.
Please stay tuned for future NCP study tour opportunities!