IBM®/Federation Business School internship
IBM® and Federation Business School have a long-standing professional partnership focusing on industry innovation and student development.
Federation Business School students can apply for a prestigious IBM® internship after completing semester one in the first year of their program. The 1600-hour merit-based internship at IBM® in Ballarat includes a scholarship valued at $43,488.* Students also gain academic credit towards their degree through the internship.
The duration of the internship is 2-2.5 years. Students will be expected to attend placement 1 to 2 days (12-16 hours) a week during semester and more frequently during non-teaching periods.
Why should you apply?
- Receive financial support while you study
- Gain real-world business experience in a multinational technology organisation
- Give yourself a competitive advantage over your peers
- Be mentored and coached by IBM® business professionals
- Build your professional network
Applicants must be able to complete the internship at IBM® in Ballarat and be enrolled as a domestic student in one of the following programs
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business (Marketing)
- Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management)
- Bachelor of Business (Management)
- Bachelor of Business (Entrepreneurship)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Economics and Finance)
Meet Phoebe, a 3rd year student in our Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management) program. As part of her degree, she has undertaken an internship with IBM Australia in Ballarat.
How to apply
2021 internship positions are now open for applications. Please see InPlace in order to view current opportunities, view the IBM® internship flyer (pdf, 325kb), and/or please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
*If students engage in fewer than 1600 internship hours, the total scholarship payment may be reduced.