ARC and NHMRC due dates
FedUni LIEF LE21 NoI form (Word Doc 192 KB) for internal and external lead applications
LIEF2021 VicLIEF expressions of interest
In preparation for the ARC LIEF 2021 grants round, Victorian Universities will once again collaborate via a VicLIEF Expressions of Interest process to coordinate applications.
All Federation University researchers intending to submit a LIEF grant application for the 2021 round are required to enter a VicLIEF EoI submission.
The key dates related to VicLIEF and LIEF2021 EoI submission can be found on the Help-sheet available below.
Once the VicLIEF EoI period is complete, the submissions will be reviewed and any further information or clarification will be requested. The DVCRs from each of the participating Victorian University will then meet to review and provide feedback on the submissions.
The Help-sheet for the LE21 VicLIEF Expressions of Interest process is found here:
- To ensure that applicants are provided with appropriate support to develop their applications;
- To ensure that applications are reviewed appropriately to ensure that, if they are to be submitted, they are of competitive quality; and
- To ensure that FedUni’s reputation is not compromised by the submission of non-competitive applications, nor that undue time is spent on developing applications that are unlikely to be competitive.
- An Expression of Interest must be submitted to Research Funding by the advertised date for the scheme being applied for. This EOI must be on the ARC & NHMRC EOI form provided via the links below. The DVCRI and the appropriate Dean or nominee will meet to decide EOI outcomes. If the EOI is approved to progress, the full application will need to pass through the following steps in order:
- Attendance at Internal Workshop (ARC only)
- Two peer reviews (arranged by applicant);
- An external review for comment and subsequent reviews if required (arranged by Research Funding Team);
- Research Funding compliance and budget check;
- Dean and DVCRI approval for final submission.
ARC or NHMRC Scheme
*EOI Deadline 12 noon
ARC Discovery Program
Discovery Projects DP22
Weds 22nd July 2020
See below for DP22 Internal Dates and Milestones
The DE22 external deadline is 11th Nov 2020.
EXTENDED TO Weds 27th May 2020
See below for DE22 Internal Dates and Milestones
Discovery Indigenous IN22
Weds 22nd July 2020
Future Fellowships FT21
Weds 17th June 2020
Weds 17th June 2020
ARC Linkage Program
Weds 15th April 2020
Weds 12th Aug 2020
|Special Research Initiative for |
Australian Society, History and Culture SR20 Round 2
|Mon 16th Mar 2020|
20 weeks before the ARC external deadline
Investigator Grants 2020 applications
Synergy Grants 2020 applications
2020 ROUND CANCELLED
Ideas Grants 2020 applications
Strategic and Leveraging Grants 2020 - 2021 applications
Dependent on sub-scheme
Partnership Projects PRC1 2020
Weds 1st April 2020
Partnership Projects PRC2 2020
Weds 5th Aug 2020
Weds 4th Mar 2020
Weds 8th July 2020
20 weeks before the NHMRC external deadline
*EOI deadlines are subject to change upon release of ARC and NHMRC external deadlines. Updates will be communicated via the school and FedNews.
Subsequent internal deadlines will be set and released upon receipt of EOIs. Adherence to the above deadlines ensures that the DVCRI approved process is carried out and managed effectively. Late EOIs will not be accepted unless exceptional circumstances apply, and have been pre-approved by both the School and the DVCRI. However, Research Services staff can be contacted at any time during the process to discuss any aspect of an application.
Any questions or concerns regarding the process can be directed to Tina D’Urbano, Team Leader Research Funding (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For Guidelines, Instructions to Applicants & Other Relevant Docs please scroll below.
The internal dates have been released for ARC and NHMRC 2020 applications
For EOI deadlines, please see the table above under ARC & NHMRC expression of interest dates 2020/21.
Please be aware that ARC and NHMRC due dates change from year to year.
- Lead FedUni Investigator submits Dean or nominee approved ARC & NHMRC EOI form to Research Services.
- Receives authorisation within 2 weeks from DVCRI to develop application.
- Lead FedUni Investigator drafts application and incorporates comments from two peer reviewers.
- Lead FedUni Investigator submits submission-ready draft with indicative budget and two peer reviewer comments to email@example.com for External Review.
- External review comments returned to Lead FedUni Investigator (1-4 weeks).
- Lead FedUni Investigator informs Research Funding Team of probable final submission date.
- Researcher submits amended and final submission-ready draft with indicative budget and reviewer comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Compliance & budget review returned within 5 business days.
- DVCRI authorises submission and Research Funding Team submits to the ARC (5 business days).
The current ARC Discovery and Linkage Written Certification Forms are now available for download below. Please ensure you use these versions if you are submitting a Federation University Lead Discovery or Linkage Program application:
- ARC DP21 Certification & CoI form v1.0 (Word Doc, 95kb)
- ARC DE21 Certification & CoI form v1.0 (Word Doc, 95kb)
- ARC LP20 Certification & CoI form v1.0 (Word Doc, 95kb)
- ARC SR20 Certification & CoI form v1.0 (Word Doc, 95kb)
ARC Written Certification forms for other schemes will be made available based upon need.
Further information on the new NHMRC schemes is available via the NHMRC website:
NHMRC Certification email - Grant Applications 2020 - no longer required
CI and AI consent to participate on an application is now managed via Sapphire. Accepting an invitation to participate on an application constitutes an agreement to be named on that application, as per the relevant Grant Guidelines. This applies to all funding schemes accepting applications in Sapphire.
If you have any queries regarding these grants, please contact the Research Funding Team at email@example.com.
*Please also check with your School ADR or Centre Director for any additional requirements.*