Step 4: Funding Establishment Form (FEF)
Version 3.2 - Jan 2020
This update includes the following change:
- Removal of 'email verification' to avoid confusion. Note that either written or electronic signatures are accepted on all Research Funding internal forms.
Once the application for funding has been successful and you have reviewed the contract/agreement, this form must be completed and submitted to email@example.com for processing.
A research project code cannot be established without receipt of this form, full execution of funding agreements or other documents as required.
A budget will also need to be submitted (see further information on the FEF) prior to the account being established.
Once the FEF is received, Research Services will:
- Arrange for the acceptance of grant from the external funding body
- Facilitate the required Contract/Agreement(s) through Legal Services
- Using the project budget information, request the creation of a Research Project Code from Finance
- Check for external legislative requirements eg. Export controls, Ethics, BioSafety, HIRAC, etc.
- Refer any scholarship/s through to Graduate Studies for establishment
- Notify Marketing and Media for promotional purposes if applicable
- Update internal systems, including setting reporting and financial milestone prompts.