Guidelines for submitting an oral presentation abstract (please access abstract template from downloads below):
- Abstract word limit (200 words)
- Abstract title word limit (12 words)
- Abstract must be on approved FedUni template (access template from downloads below)
- All supervisors must be listed on abstract (include title)
- Abstract must be submitted in word format not pdf format
- Abstract must be approved and signed off by your principal supervisor (please ensure that the approval form is on a separate page to your abstract)
- A clear digital passport size photo of your face (jpeg) must also be submitted with your abstract
- Closing date for abstracts is Tuesday 4 June
- Abstract along with your supervisor's approval form and photo must be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Guidelines for submitting an oral presentation PowerPoint:
- PowerPoint must be on approved FedUni PowerPoint template (access template from downloads below)
- Ensure that you download the guidelines below before preparing your slides
- The total time allocated for a presentation is 15 minutes. Your talk must be a maximum of 10 minutes in length, which will leave time for audience participation.
- The general rule of thumb, for a presentation where you will be “speaking to the slide” is that you should have no more than 1 slide per minute. Therefore, for a 10 minute presentation, you should have about 10 slides (including the title slide and end slide).
- The Session Chair will introduce you and then start a 10 minute timer, they will hold up a warning card at 2mins, 1min and 30sec to go. Once the sound of the alarm goes the Session Chair will ask you to stop presenting (going overtime may affect your overall score and feedback).
- PowerPoints must be emailed to: email@example.com
- Closing date for PowerPoints is Monday 15 July