Research Integrity Advisors
If you have any concerns in regard to the responsible conduct of research or research misconduct at Federation University, you may contact a Research Integrity Advisor (RIA). Concerns can be raised with an RIA from any School.
Research Integrity Advisors are persons with research experience, knowledge of the University's policy and management structure, and familiarity with accepted practices in research who are appointed to provide advice on research integrity to researchers and students in accordance with the Australian Code for Responsible Conduct of Research and Federation University policy.
The Research Integrity Advisor’s role does not extend to assessment or investigation of the matter.
The specific role of RIAs is to:
- Provide a ‘first point of contact' for people with enquiries related to the responsible conduct of research.
- Explain the actions that a person who is considering making a formal complaint may decide to take. These options include:
- referring the matter directly to the person against whom the complaint would be made and not progressing the matter if such referral resolves the concerns
- referring the concerns to a person in a supervisory capacity for resolution at an organisational unit level; or
- making a formal complaint in writing to the Designated Person (Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research & Innovation) in relation to research misconduct and the organisational unit head of the person/s against whom the complaint is made.
Contact a Research Integrity Advisor
|School of Arts||Jeremy Smith, Associate Dean (Research)|
|School of Education||Robyn Brandenburg, Associate Dean (Research)|
|School of Health & Life Sciences||David Piedrafita, Associate Dean (Research)|
|School of Nursing & Healthcare Professions||To be advised|
|School of Science, Engineering & Information Technology||Manzur Murshed, Associate Dean (Research)|
|Federation Business School||To be advised|
Please refer to the University's Research Integrity & Misconduct Procedure.