New External Research Funding Grant Forms
Updated February 2018
From February 2018 Research Services, via the Research Funding Team will be introducing significantly simplified processes for external research grants and funding. The purpose of these changes is to reduce the administrative burden for researchers at the application (pre-award) and success (post-award) stages.
Note that there will be a transition phase from 26 Feb – 31 March 2018, during which time forms and processes may be adjusted due to operational or University requirements. Researchers should download the forms from the Research Services webpage each time they are required.
- Compliance and Budget review is now optional for projects less than or equal to $100,000. Where a budget review is requested, the Budget Proforma must be used.
- The Budget Proforma and compliance review is only compulsory for projects >$100,000.
- Electronic authorisation will be accepted (email, e-signature)
- Due to policy all applications still require the approval of the DVCRI – policy to be reviewed in 2018/19. Therefore all funding submissions must be with Research Services 5 days prior to the external submission date unless otherwise advised and authorised by DVCRI.
- Applications over $100,000 will be approved by the DVCRI only when the budget and compliance sign off is completed.
Version 2.0 - September 2018 Recently updated and re-instated
Upon notification of successful funding this form must be completed.
A research project code cannot be established without receipt of this form, full execution of funding agreements or other documents as required.
A budget will also need to be submitted (see further information on the FEF) prior to the account being established.
Once the FEF is received, Research Services will:
- Arrange for the acceptance of grant from the external funding body
- Facilitate the required Contract/Agreement(s) through Legal Services
- Using the project budget information, request the creation of a Research Project Code from Finance
- Check for external legislative requirements eg. Export controls, Ethics, BioSafety, HIRAC, etc.
- Refer any scholarship/s through to Graduate Studies for establishment
- Notify Marketing and Media for promotional purposes if applicable
- Update internal systems, including setting reporting and financial milestone prompts.