Step 4: Submit the completed application
When your application is complete; has all the required signatures and supporting documents are attached, successful submission of your application requires attention to the following details:
- Establish the submission date and closing time deadline by reviewing the list of HREC meeting dates and note the due date and time for agenda items.
- Submit one Electronic copy of the complete and authorised application with all supporting documents is to be forwarded to email@example.com
- Note: Researchers are to ensure they receive an email from the ethics office acknowledging receipt of their application. They will be provided with a unique identifier code, and advised of the meeting date their application will be assessed.
- Caution: Responsibility lies with the principal researcher to ensure the application has been received and scheduled for assessment. Contact the Ethics officer 24hrs prior to the Agenda items due date if you have not received an email confirming receipt of your application.
- Late submission will result in the application being held over until the following meeting.
- The committee reserve the right to not assess an application submitted on a superseded form, and / or with superseded attachments. Superseded templates may no longer meet current legislative requirements.
- Applications received after the cut-off time of midday on the due date for agenda items will be allocated to the next available HREC meeting.
- Late applications will not be accepted for the current meeting under any circumstance.
- The mail-out of agenda items to the committee occurs up to 12 days prior to the designated meeting date, to ensure members have a reasonable time frame to review each application in full, prior to the meeting date.
- Committee members are highly skilled volunteers from diverse backgrounds who volunteer their valuable time and expertise to evaluate all FedUni research projects within tight timelines.
- Only eligible expedited applications, can be reviewed at a sub committee meeting.
- Ethical issues arising in applications considered by the HREC sub-committee to be higher risk in nature may be referred to the full committee for further consideration - this may result in a standard application having to be prepared by the researcher, to be reviewed by the full committee.
- Standard & Bulk applications can only be reviewed by the full committee.
- Existing data applications and Applications Approved by another HREC will be considered by the Chair of the HREC outside of meeting dates.
Research must not commence until the lead researcher nominated in your application form has received written notification of ethics approval from the Coordinator Research Ethics.
Location of the Coordinator Research Ethics:
|Coordinator Research Ethics|
Federation University Australia
PO Box 663
Ballarat VIC 3353
Room 218, Ground Floor, Building F|
Mt Helen Campus