Destination Australia Scholarships - Higher Degree by Research
|Status||Open date||Close date|
|Closed||Monday 20 January 2020 - 9 am||17 February 2020 - 5 pm|
Destination Australia Scholarships are funded by the Commonwealth Government and Federation University, and are designed to attract and support students who choose to live and study in regional communities. Both International and Domestic students are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
For more information visit the Destination Australia website.
Stipend: $28,092 per annum, indexed yearly for three years
Course fees: up to $32,000 per annum
Accommodation contribution: up to $3000 toward on-campus accommodation (not transferable)
Domestic course fees will be covered by a Federal Government Research Training Program Fee-offset scholarship.
International course fees will be covered by a Federation University Fees Scholarship.
Applications will be accepted from named research projects in Federation’s three Research Priority Areas:
Project outlines are now available via the above links. Further projects to be added shortly. Applicants will be required to provide a written statement regarding the project for which they are applying. Please complete and submit the Destination Australia Scholarship Application Form, identifying the projects for which you are applying, with your completed documents.
To be eligible for a Destination Australia scholarship you must be:
- A new student at Federation University (Commencing in Semester 1, 2020)
- Applying for one of the named 'Destination Australia Projects' (to be released on 20th January 2020)
- Living in or relocating to a regional area on an ongoing basis throughout your degree
- Enrolled at a regional campus of Federation University (Ballarat or Gippsland)
- Enrolled in a course that is fully-delivered in face-to-face mode at a regional campus
- Enrolled in a Masters by Research or PhD program at Federation University
- In possession of a valid student visa (if an International student)
Submitting your application
All applications must be complete and include testamurs, English language test results and academic referee reports by Monday 17 February 2020 to be considered. Incomplete applications will not be eligible for Destination Australia Scholarships. You can start to get your application ready by:
- Checking your eligibility for entry to a Masters by Research or PhD program
- Contacting your academic and research referees and asking them to complete the Confidential Referee Report Form (docx, 72kb) and return it to Federation by Monday 17 February 2020
- Collecting your academic transcripts, testamurs and research record ready for submission
When applying, please ensure that your included files use the following naming convention format:
Document number, Surname, document type
Example: 1.Johnson-Masters by Research Transcript, 2.Johnson-Publications Record
International Applicants - The Program code required for your StudyLink application can be found next to the title of each Destination Australia project in the lists at the links above.
Further information about the application process is at Apply - Higher Degree by Research. Further information on the awarding of scholarships, terms and conditions and scholarship entitlements can be found in the HDR Scholarships Policy
For further information on candidature, scholarships or any other matter relating to higher degrees by research, please contact:
Graduate Research School
Federation University Australia
Phone: 03 5327 9508
Fax: 03 5327 9602