Associate Professor Peter Dahlhaus
Many web portals are used on a daily basis by industry practitioners, government authorities and the public to answer their questions and gather data, information and knowledge about Victoria’s land and water. A/Prof Dahlhaus’ research has directly contributed to policy development in the form of catchment strategies, catchment action plans, municipal planning overlays, municipal planning strategies and numerous internet portals related to landscape management in Victoria. His research expertise spans hydrogeology, soil science, geomorphology and geohazards, but my current passion is in geoinformatics and hydroinformatics, especially interoperable federation of data for decision support.
He is available to supervise HDR students on topics relating to:
- The role of data democracy in environmental science and policy.
- Developing dynamic decision support systems for land and water management.
- Groundwater-surface water interactions and responsiveness.
- Geohazard prediction in salinity, erosion, and landslides.
- Establishing soil health indicators and trends.
Youtube: Online Farm Trials: The OFT story
Youtube: Visualising Victoria's Groundwater (VVG) Documentary
Youtube: Corangamite Natural Resource Management Planning Portal - short documentary film
Youtube: Probe Trax SFS moisture probe platform