ARC and NHMRC application process
The first steps to applying for ARC and NHMRC funding:
- Read the current Guidelines and Instructions to Applicants available on GrantConnect for the desired scheme.
- Submit your Centre Director or nominee signed ARC/NHMRC Grant Expression of Interest (EOI) form to firstname.lastname@example.org by the due date.
- For externally administered ARC and NHMRC grant applications, please submit the standard Funding Expression of Interest (FEOI) form once reviewed and approved by your Centre Director or nominee.
- A Centre Director or nominee signed ARC/NHMRC Grant Expression of Interest (EOI) form must be submitted to Research Funding by the advertised date for the scheme. The DVCRI and the appropriate Centre Director or nominee will determine EOI outcomes. If the EOI is approved to progress, the full application will need to pass through the following steps in order:
- Two peer reviews (arranged by applicant);
- Centre support system including review by an internal (or external where appropriate) ARC or NHMRC expert. This review will assist applicants in gauging the competitiveness of their application and identify gaps. This may also include compulsory attendance at an Internal Workshop or meeting.
- Research Funding compliance and budget check;
- Centre Director or nominee and DVCRI approval for final submission.
- To ensure that applicants are provided with appropriate support to develop their applications;
- To ensure that applications are reviewed appropriately,and if they are to be submitted, are of competitive quality; and
- To ensure that Federation University's reputation is not compromised by the submission of non-competitive applications, nor that undue time is spent on developing applications that are unlikely to be competitive.