Federation University accepts a variety of English language tests as proof of English proficiency. English proficiency assessment should be made using an external English test (Academic IELTS or equivalent), with the results determining whether the student can enter into our programs directly or via an appropriate English program.
From 1 July 2016, direct entry without an external English test will be only permitted when student meets the English exemption requirements described on the Federation English language requirements page as per the Simplified Student Visa Framework’s English requirements.
Applicants from non-English speaking countries must demonstrate English language proficiency (ELP) by achieving at least the minimum score in one of the following formal test of English language proficiency within the last two years:
- IELTS (International Language Testing System) minimum score of 6.5 with no band less than 6.0;
- TOEFL (American test of English as a Foreign Language) minimum score of 580 plus a TWE (Test of Written English) a score of 5.0;
- TOEFL computer-based minimum score of 237 plus a minimum score of 22 in writing;
- TOEFL internet-based minimum score of 92-93 plus a minimum score of 22 in writing; OR
- Under exceptional circumstances, applying for an exemption from being required to provide an IELTS or TOEFL score based on an exemption request with supporting evidence