BACK TO THE 80s
SAT 15 DEC 2018 – SAT 02 FEB 2019
FedUni’s Post Office Gallery is seeking 1980s Visual Arts alumni to exhibit in its upcoming exhibition, RELOAD: BACK TO THE 80s!
The hair was high, the jeans skin tight and the shoulder pads broad but what was the art like, and where are all the artists now?
If you are a Visual Arts graduate from the former School of Mines, Ballarat (SMB), Ballarat College of Advanced Education (BCAE) or Ballarat TAFE you are eligible to enter to exhibit in RELOAD: BACK TO THE 80s, Sat 15 Dec 2018 to Sat 2 Feb 2019.
Exhibiting in RELOAD: BACK TO THE 80s provides a unique opportunity to exhibit alongside your peers and celebrate!
- Closing date for submission: Sun 25 Nov 2018
- Notification of acceptance: by Fri 30 Nov 2018
- Work delivered: Wed 5 – Sat 8 Dec 2018
- Exhibition opening: Fri 14 Dec 2018
- Exhibition dates: Sat 15 Dec 2018 – Sat 2 Feb 2019
- Collection of work: Mon 4 – Sat 9 Feb 2019
How to submit your work
Entry is free, open only to FedUni alumni who completed their studies between 1 Jan 1980 and 31 Dec 1989. Pending space, we will endeavour to represent all artists who apply.
NB: Please read the entry guidelines below before filling in the Entry Form. You will not be able to save the entry form half-way, so please ensure you have correctly titled your images and your one-page CV is ready to upload beforehand.
Your submission will consist of:
- a completed online entry form or printed entry form (download PDF)
- still or video/moving image/s
- a one page CV
Due to limited Gallery space, a maximum of two works will be considered by any one artist for the exhibition.
- Maximum size of work: 120cm for any dimension
- Maximum weight of work: no single element heavier than 30kg
- 2D works must be ready to install, with suitable fixtures or fittings.
If you are submitting images of 3D work, up to three images may be submitted for consideration.
Still (jpeg) or moving (.mov or .mp4) image files will be accepted, however, still images will not be considered if submitted in a file format such as PowerPoint.
Still image files must be high-resolution JPEG (maximum file size 2Mb) and named in the following format: surname_firstname_title.jpeg. For example; botticelli_sandro_thebirthofvenus.jpg
Artists may submit one .mp4 or QuickTime .mov file (no larger than 100MB), no longer than two minutes in duration. Video files should be sent via WeTransfer to email@example.com.
- You are advised to submit high quality images
- Any material supplied in addition to the required support material will not be considered
Limitations to entry
The following works cannot be considered for exhibition:
- Works in which any individual component weighs more than 30kg
- Performance works
- Works of art which present an unacceptable risk to the safety or security of visitors
- Works which require technical components not readily available or expected to be provided by the Gallery
These limitations reflect such practical limits as the scale of gallery space at the Post Office Gallery and the capacity for technical support.
Terms and conditions
- Entry is open only to Federation University Australia Visual Arts alumni who completed their studies between 1 Jan 1980 and 31 Dec 1989;
- A completed entry form indicates that in the event the artist is shortlisted, he or she authorises the reproduction of images of their work in any promotional material;
- The curator's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into and;
- By submitting the entry form you are accepting the Entry Guidelines and Terms & Conditions
Shelley Hinton (Mon-Thu)
Post Office Gallery
Federation University Australia
cnr Sturt & Lydiard St
BALLARAT VIC 3350
Lars Stenberg (Thu/Fri)
Post Office Gallery
+61 (0)3 5327 8615