Borrowing guidelines for undergraduate and TAFE students

no. of items
of renewals
Federation University undergraduate and TAFE students* 100 14 days (2 weeks) 20
Non-Federation University  undergraduate students 100 14 days (2 weeks) 3

*Students studying online and off-campus have an extended borrowing period to allow for postage of items.

Borrowers please note:

  • Items in the Equipment and Realia collections can only be borrowed in person by Federation University students and staff.
  • Items in the Textbook collection can only be borrowed by Federation University students and staff.
  • Copyright regulations restrict non-Federation University borrowers from borrowing off-air video and audio recordings from within the Multimedia collection
  • Items held in the Blainey, Creedy, Journal, Law, Reference and Research collections are not available for loan
  • Recreation reading items can be borrowed for a 42 day/6 week loan period by Federation University  students and staff, and a 14 day/2 week loan period for all other borrowers.

Returning or renewing library items

Provided no hold(s) have been placed on the item(s), and you have no long overdue items, the items you have borrowed will be automatically renewed. You can check the status of your loans anytime via your My Library login or the MyLibrary! app.

If you need assistance, get in touch with our InfoPoint team:

You can return your library items by:

  • placing them in the designated book return chutes at any campus library
  • posting them to any campus library

Holds and inter-campus requests

You can request an item that is currently out on loan, or is held at another Federation University library location, including the Ballarat off-site store. You can do this via the Federation Library catalogue, using the 'Request' button at the top of the entry for the item you require.

When the requested item becomes available you will be emailed a collection notice, which will advise you when this item must be collected by.

Students can borrow items from any campus library using their current student ID card. Arrange your student ID card today.

Intercampus journal article requests

Undergraduate students can request copies of journal articles held in print at campus libraries to be emailed to them via the online form.

Postgraduates may use the Document Delivery process.