Defining your information need
What are you trying to achieve? What is your topic about?
Determine the scope and scale of the information you require, such as:
- Primary resources (original information), or:
- Secondary resources (information that has been analysed or interpreted)
- Peer-reviewed resources (resources that have been scrutinised by a panel of academic experts as part of the publishing process)
- Timeframe (current or retrospective)
- Geographic perspective (regional, national or global)
Our online database and journal search facilities help you locate journal articles, conference papers, reports and other information resources.
|What sort of resource are you seeking?||Look in:|
|Books, journals, newspapers, audio-visual material||Federation University Library catalogue|
|Journal articles, citations, abstracts, statistics, links||Library databases|