Photocopying and printing

Student printing with 'Follow Me Print'

Every time you print, your print jobs go to a central queue. This means that you can decide which one of the many FedUni student printers you use to collect your prints. Simply locate the printer which best suits you, swipe your student ID card to log in and choose which files you want to print or delete!


Photocopying services are available at the Mt Helen, Gippsland, Berwick, SMB and Wimmera campus libraries. Photocopying must be done in accordance with copyright regulations.

How much does it cost?

Black and white photocopying single sided is 10 cents and 20 cents for double-sided.

A4B & WSingle$0.10
A3B & WSingle$0.20

What can (and can't) I photocopy?

  • Single and double-sided copying available. We suggest you try double-sided copying to save paper; if you have difficulty locating the double-sided options on the copier screen, please see your campus library Information Desk staff for assistance.
  • No alternative papers (standard A4 and A3 white paper as provided in the copiers)
  • Whatever you copy, remember to follow the copyright regulations!

How do I get printing and copying credit?

Undergraduate and TAFE students

Your student ID card is also your photocopy card. If your card is lost or damaged, you can get a new one made for a cost of $10. Students at Mt Helen and SMB should see the Information Desk in the campus Library, students at the Horsham campus should see staff at Reception and students at the Gippsland campus should see their Student Services Hub.

Adding credit to your card

Printing & photocopying credit can be added online at the Follow Me Print payment gateway by paying with your credit or debit card. For these transactions please use Mozilla Firefox or Chrome internet browsers. Follow Me Print credit can be used for both printing and photocopying. Students at the Mt Helen, SMB, Gippsland, Berwick, and Wimmera campuses can also add credit at the Information Desk in the Library. EFTPOS is available at the Mt Helen, Gippsland, Berwick, Wimmera and SMB libraries. There is no minimum amount for eftpos at the Library Information Desk.

Staff and postgraduate students

Mt Helen

Contact the administration office in your School/Portfolio/Section as you may be able to obtain a PIN (Personal Identification Number) for copying, which can then be charged to your School or Portfolio. No card is required when using the PIN system.

SMB and Gippsland

Your staff card can be used to access photocopying on the Library printer/photocopiers.


Postgraduate students can use their student card to access printing facilities in the academic hot desk area in Building 901, Level 2. Please contact your school for further details and to arrange swipe card access to this space.

Alumni borrowers

Your Alumni ID/Library card is your photocopy card.

CAVAL, ULANZ, NRBS, Infolink borrowers and members of the public

CAVAL borrowers and members of the public may borrow a photocopy card from their campus library Information Desk. Some other form of ID, such as a driver's licence, will be required as a holding deposit. It is recommended that users only place as much credit on the card as they anticipate requiring for that photocopying session, as refunds cannot be given.