Important: Confirm with your lecturer whether you are using APA 6th or APA 7th as they are slightly different.
This category covers posts and comments that are recoverable. Posts that are protected by privacy settings should be treated as personal communications; see Other sources; Personal communication.
Coles Supermarket (2014) is pleased to announce ...
A recent announcement by Coles states that … (Coles Supermarket, 2014).
Place direct quotes between double quotation marks " " and provide the paragraph number.
Coles Supermarket CEO announced at a recent promotional event that "Our Coles Brand fresh chicken is 100% RSPCA Approved which means …" (Coles Supermarket, 2014, para 1).
Author [Screen name]. (Year, Month Day). Title [Form]. Retrieved from URL
Coles Supermarkets. (2014, January 2). Good news: In another national supermarket first, we’re pleased to announce 100% of our Coles Brand fresh chicken is now RSPCA Approved [Facebook post]. Retrieved from https://www.facebook.com/coles/posts/639616386102380?stream_ref=10
- Give the real name of the poster. Add their screen name (if there is one) in square brackets, or just their screen name if their real name is unknown.
- Give the exact date of the post. Give only the year if using an entire feed or page and not a specific post.
- Give the first 20 words of the post as title (no italics) if the post is otherwise untitled.
- Add the form in square brackets to the title.
- Give the full URL of the post. If the item is archived, give the archived version URL (click post’s date stamp).
- A retrieval date is not needed for items with a specific associated date (e.g., individual tweets, posts, etc.), but is needed for whole feeds/pages because the content will change.