Borrowing guidelines for undergraduate and TAFE students
| Maximum |
no. of items
| Borrowing |
| Number |
|Federation undergraduate and TAFE students*||30||14 days (2 weeks)||20|
|Non Federation undergraduate students||30||14 days (2 weeks)||3|
*Students studying online and off-campus have an extended borrowing period to allow for postage of items.
Borrowers please note:
- Items in the Equipment, Reserve and Realia collections can only be borrowed in person by FedUni students and staff.
- Items in the Textbook collection can only be borrowed by FedUni students and staff.
- Copyright regulations restrict non-FedUni borrowers from borrowing off-air video and audio recordings from within the Multimedia collection
- Items held in the Blainey, Creedy, Journal, Law, Reference and Research collections are not available for loan
- Recreation reading items can be borrowed for a 42 day/6 week loan period by FedUni students and staff, and a 14 day/2 week loan period for all other borrowers.
- Items in the Reserve collection can be borrowed for 2 hours and may be taken out of the library
Returning or renewing library items
Provided no hold(s) have been placed on the item(s), and you have no overdue items, you can renew items:
- online using myLibrary@FedUni
- by phoning 1300 552 567
- in person at the Information Desk, upon presentation of your current FedUni ID or borrowing card.
You can return your library items by:
- placing them in the designated book return chutes at any campus library
- posting them to any campus library
Items must be returned by closing time on the due date to prevent overdue penalties.
Holds and inter-campus requests
You can request an item that is currently out on loan, or is held at another Federation library location, including the Ballarat Off-Site Store. You can do this:
- via the Federation Library catalogue, using the 'Request' button at the top of the entry for the item you require,
When the requested item becomes available you will be emailed a collection notice, which will advise you when this item must be collected by.
Students can borrow items from any campus library using their current student ID card. Arrange your student ID card today.
Intercampus journal article requests
Undergraduate students can request copies of journal articles held in print at campus libraries to be
emailed to them via the online form.
Postgraduates may use the Document Delivery process.