Making material available to students
Course Readings is a tool in Moodle which provides one centralised place for your students to access readings.
Using Course Readings ensures copyright compliance, helps maintain durability of links for student access, and offers a professional standardised view for your students. The readings can be viewed in one list or added to a week, a topic, or a book through the editing toolbar. It also makes it easy to transfer readings to new Moodle shells.
Requesting new digitisations/Reading Lists
- Collate your list of readings and content required for teaching, URLs, files, videos.
- Submit via the online form below, or email with course code, semester, and campus/s.
- We will contact you when the readings are available, and you can distribute them throughout your course.
- It can take up to 6 weeks for a new scanned reading to be made available ie. if the source item is from overseas, or the book is in use with another patron.
Creating Library links
When linking to Library subscribed material we recommend you also submit your requests to Course Readings. This ensures any publisher/URL/platform changes can be managed to maintain reliable access for your students to eJournals articles, and eBooks. If you choose to create and embed your own links, use our Link Builder to include the authentication in the URL for off-campus access.
- Our copyright licence covers usage University-wide, not just for one course or unit. You are not permitted to upload journal articles or book chapters yourself as this may breach the University copyright licence. Using Course Readings ensures you are complying with copyright. See the Copyright website for more information.