The BONUS+ initiative is designed to greatly increase access to books for all Federation staff, TAFE, undergraduate and postgraduate students by making books from other participating Australian university libraries available through the Federation University Library catalogue. Check participating libraries.
How to request
- Search the Federation University Library catalogue.
- If the book is not held by the library or our copy is unavailable, select the BONUS+ logo to repeat the search in the BONUS+ catalogue.
- Select Request this item.
- Select Federation University from the drop down menu and then Submit.
- Enter your name and barcode details as prompted.
- Choose your pickup location and then Submit.
BONUS+ item limits
|Borrower type||Number of active requests||Loan period||Renewals|
|Postgraduate and higher degree||10||21 days||2|
How long it takes
Once the BONUS+ system validates the request, the book is sent to the nominated Federation campus library. Delivery to your specified pickup location can be expected within seven working days. Weekends and holidays may affect this schedule.
- You will receive an email when the item is ready for pickup.
- Books must be collected within 7 days. If you do not collect the book within 7 days it will be sent back to the lending institution
Renew, cancel or check BONUS+ requests
Logging into your My Library account allows you to renew, cancel and check the status of your requests. A status of READY means the book is ready for pickup and if a BONUS+ book you have on loan has a hold, the book can't be renewed.
Lost BONUS+ items
- A non-refundable charge of AU$125 will be imposed for lost and billed BONUS+ books.
- Replacement books are not accepted.
- The charge may also apply for damaged books at the discretion of the owning library.
- Please contact your home library.