According to the City of Ballarat (2011) there has been a housing boom over the past ...
There has been a housing boom in the Ballarat area … (City of Ballarat, 2011).
- Many electronic sources do not provide page numbers, unless they are in PDF format.
- Place direct quotes between double quotation marks " " and provide the page number(s) of the direct quote if taken from a PDF document.
- If the document does NOT contain page numbers, then use the name of the section and the paragraph number as part of the in-text reference.
"There has been an upsurge in the housing industry in the Ballarat area over the past three years due to more the appeal of country living" (City of Ballarat, 2011, p. 5).
Author. (Year). Title. DOI or URL
City of Ballarat. (2011). Annual report. Retrieved from http://www.ballarat.vic.gov.au/media/499612/annual%20report_complete.pdf
Parks Victoria. (2004). Fire ecology in the Grampians [Brochure]. Retrieved from http://www.brambuk.com.au/assets/pdf/GrampiansNationalParkFireEcology.pdf
- If citing information taken directly from a web page document include author(s) (which may be different from the site hosting it).
- If no author(s) are stated then use a company or organisation name
- Follow author or company/organisation name by the year in brackets.
- Use author and date as found on the document.
- If no year is stated then use n.d. for no date.
- Do NOT italicise the title of the web page document, and add a retrieval statement in the form of a URL.
- Retrieval date is not needed because content is fixed.