Important: Confirm with your lecturer whether you are using APA 6th or APA 7th as they are slightly different.
This category covers posts and comments that are recoverable. Posts that are protected by privacy settings should be treated as personal communications; see Other sources; Personal communication.
Daly (2014) asserts that a Pennsylvanian student bought WMD ingredients …
A Pennsylvanian student has been buying WMD ingredients … (Daly, 2014).
Place direct quotes between double quotation marks " " and provide the paragraph number.
"A Pennsylvanian student has been buying ingredients on Amazon for a WMD … " (Daly, 2014, para. 5).
Author [Screen name]. (Year, Month Day). Title [Form]. Retrieved from URL
Daly, Michael. (2014, January 29). Pennsylvania student proves you could buy ingredients for a WMD on Amazon [Blog post]. Retrieved from http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/01/28/
- Give the real name of the poster. Add their screen name (if there is one) in square brackets, or just their screen name if their real name is unknown.
- Give the exact date of the post. Give only the year if using an entire feed or page and not a specific post.
- Give the first 20 words of the post as title (no italics) if the post is otherwise untitled.
- Add the form in square brackets to the title.
- Give the full URL of the post. If the item is archived, give the archived version URL (click post’s date stamp).
- A retrieval date is not needed for items with a specific associated date (e.g., individual tweets, posts, etc.), but is needed for whole feeds/pages because the content will change.