Daly (2014) asserts that a Pennsylvanian student buys WMD ingredients …
A Pennsylvanian student has been buying WMD ingredients … (Daly, 2014).
Place direct quotes between double quotation marks " " and provide the paragraph number.
"A Pennsylvanian student has been buying ingredients on Amazon for a WMD … " (Daly, 2014, para. 5).
Author/Screen name. (Year, Month Day). Title [Form]. Retrieved from URL
Daly, Michael. (2014, January 29). Pennsylvania student proves you could buy ingredients for a WMD on Amazon [Blog post]. Retrieved from http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/01/28/
This category covers posts and comments that are recoverable (i.e., open access). (Posts that are protected by privacy settings should be treated as personal communications; see Other sources, Personal communication).
- Give real name of poster. Add screen name (if one) in square brackets, or alone if real unknown.
- Give date of post. Give year if using an entire feed or page and not a specific post.
- Give post/comment/tweet as title (no italics).
- Add form (e.g., Tweet; Facebook post; Photograph, etc.) in square brackets to title. (Use ‘Twitter page’ or ‘Facebook page’ if using someone’s entire feed/timeline as a source.)
- Give full URL of item. If item is archived, give archived version URL (click post’s date stamp). Retrieval date: Not needed for items with a specific associated date (e.g., individual tweets, posts, etc.), but is needed for whole feeds/pages because content will change.