Online replica of print edition
Craig (1968, p. 2) reports on the memorial service held for Prime Minister Harold Holt who was remembered as ...
Place direct quotes between single quotation marks ' ' and provide the page number(s) from the newspaper.
'When Mrs Holt, a small, most dignified figure in black - her face, under the mourning veil showing signs of the terrible strain ...' (Craig 1968, p. 2).
Author (Year, Month, Day), ‘Article title’, Newspaper/Magazine Name, #, Date, pp. DOI or URL
Craig, B (1968, January 10), ‘Australia and the world shares Mrs Holt’s sorrow’, The Australian Women’s Weekly, 10 January, pp. 2–3, viewed 22 March 2015, http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/
- Start with title if no author shown.
- Year/date: Give year after the author. The date, as shown on source (i.e., month and/or day), appears after the name of the newspaper/magazine.
- Title: Give title of article in single quote marks (no italics). Capitalise first letter of first word and any proper nouns. Add description for reviews, letters, etc., or give alone if no title.
- Newspaper/magazine name (in italics). Capitalise first letter of all major words. If separate section, add name of section (no italics) after title (see: Separate section).
- Page numbers. Use ‘p.’ or ‘pp.’ in front. If non-consecutive, separate by commas (see: Basic article).
- ONLINE: If article is digital replica of print edition, give publication date of print edition and include page numbers (see: Online replica of print edition). If article is posted on media outlet’s website, give date of post (see: Online edition).