Play or film script
CHICAGO & TURABIAN
In the first act the tension steadily builds as the characters ...1
Place direct quotes between double quotation marks " " and include the number of the act or scene in the note.
"I can't take it any more, I'm leaving you!"3
1. Joanna Murray-Smith, Honour (Sydney: Currency Press, 1997), act 1.
2. Gleeson, Miranda, “Daylight Shines Darkly” (film script, final draft, March 8, 2015), scene 15, accessed July 19, 2016, http://www.scriptheaven.com.au/.
3. Murray-Smith, Honour, act 1.
4. Gleeson, “Daylight,” scenes 53–55.
See notes below.
Gleeson, Miranda. “Daylight Shines Darkly.” Film script, final draft, March 8, 2015. Accessed July 19, 2016. http://www.scriptheaven.com.au/.
Murray-Smith, Joanna. Honour. Sydney: Currency Press, 1997.
- If published, treat like a book.
- If unpublished, give title in quotation marks (not italics), and add description and any other identifying information and date as shown on title page.
- In the notes, give act (and scene and line numbers if relevant) when quoting or referring to specific passages.
- If accessed online, add access date and URL/DOI.