No author credited
CHICAGO & TURABIAN
A recent advertisement supporting the Republican candidate ...3
Place direct quotes between double quotation marks " " and provide the page number(s) in the note.
"The race for Governor in the state of ..."3
3. “Ad Heats Up Race for Governor,” New York Times, July 30, 2002, 2.
9. “Ad Heats Up Race.”
Newspaper name. "Article title." Date.
New York Times. “Ad Heats Up Race for Governor.” July 30, 2002.
- Give author, article title (in quotation marks), newspaper/magazine name (italics) and date of issue.
- If no author is credited, begin with article title in the note but newspaper/magazine name in the bibliography.
- Omit any ‘The’ from the beginning of the newspaper name. If the city is not in name, add in round brackets.
- Page references can be omitted from newspaper articles (they may be unreliable due to multiple editions of a single issue) but should be included when citing magazine articles.
- If accessed online, treat as for print article and add access date and URL or DOI. If the article is a digital replica of a print edition (e.g., from Trove), page numbers can be added.