How to set up the bibliography
- Begin the list with the heading ‘Bibliography’ on a new page at the end of your work.
- Use double line-spacing and a hanging indent (approx. 0.75 cm or 4-5 spaces).
- If a DOI or URL needs to be broken across a line, break before a single slash or punctuation mark.
What to include
Unless advised otherwise by your teacher or lecturer:
- Include an entry for every source you have cited in a note.
- Do not include entries for sources you have not cited, however relevant.
How to arrange the entries
- Alphabetise entries by author’s last name (which begins the entry).
- Use a long dash (or three hyphens) to stand for a repeated author name.
- List entries with no author by title. (Ignore ‘A’ or ‘An’ or ‘The’ as first words.)
- If you have more than one entry with the same author, list alphabetically by title.
Example of a Chicago/Turabian bibliography