Book or print journal article
CHICAGO & TURABIAN
Figure 1 shows a painting by Aboriginal artist Hippy Wanganeen which depicts a local family ...1
1. Fletcher, M., "Our mob: Art by South Australian Aboriginal artist," Artlink 34, no. 2, ( 2014): 101, accessed March 20, 2015, https://www.artlink.com.au
3. Fletcher, Our mob.
Fig.1. Family hunting 2013. (Maggie Fletcher, "Our mob: Art by South Australian Aboriginal artist," Artlink 34, no. 2, ( 2014): 101)
No bibliography entry required.
- Visual artworks are normally cited in notes only but it is acceptable to include a bibliography entry for published sources containing reproductions. Check with your teacher or lecturer for their preference in this matter.
- PRINT SOURCE: Give print source information in place of medium and gallery. Add page/plate number.
- Images of performance art, architecture, photographs of etchings and other prints, etc. that are not themselves artwork, may not have all of the elements. For example, where works do not provide dimensions or medium, include such descriptors as: Location unknown, Private collection, Collection of the artist.
- GALLERY: Give artist, title (italics), year, medium, dimensions, gallery name and city
- ONLINE SOURCE: Add access date and URL to details of original.
- PRINT SOURCE: Give print source information instead of gallery. Add page/plate number.
- No period after the figure number.
- Captions are numbered consecutively.
- Other collection information such as “gift of . . . ,” accession number, etc.
When available, copyright or credit-line info regarding both the artwork and the photograph is supplied in brackets.
- No period at the end of the caption.