Online or e-book
CHICAGO & TURABIAN
The great Gatsby is set in the roaring twenties ...2
Place direct quotes between double quotation marks " " and provide the page number(s) in the note.
"Gatsby entered the room with an air of contempt ..."4
1. Scott Dorkins, Good Times (Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1996), accessed February 28, 2010, http://press-pubs.uchicago.edu/goodtimes/.
DOWNLOADED AS E-BOOK
2. F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby (New York: Simon and Schuster, 2003), Kindle edition. NB: Turabian uses single word ‘Kindle’ (without edition).
3. Dorkins, Good Times, chap. 10
4. Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby.
Author. Title. City, State/Country: Publisher, Year. Accessed date. DOI/URL.
Dorkins, Scott. Good Times. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1996. Accessed February 28, 2010. http://press-pubs.uchicago.edu/goodtimes/.
Fitzgerald, F. Scott. The Great Gatsby. New York: Simon and Schuster, 2003. Kindle edition.
NB: Turabian uses single word ‘Kindle’ (without edition).
- Treat as for a print book in relevant category.
- If pages are not static, give relevant heading or chapter or other numbered division as location reference.
- If book is consulted online, add access date and URL, DOI or database name.
- If downloaded as a dedicated e-book, add e-reader format. No access date or URL is needed.
- Note that Turabian uses the single word ‘Kindle’, and Chicago uses ‘Kindle edition’.