Important: Confirm with your lecturer whether you are using APA 6th or APA 7th as they are slightly different.
Schembri (2008) states that the motion picture Australia has ...
Baz Luhrmann's movie Australia has attracted large audiences … (Schembri, 2008).
Place direct quotes between double quotation marks " " and provide the page number(s).
Croggon (2014) commented that "Private Lives is a play that resonates with many audiences because ..".
Reviewer. (Year, Month Day). Title of review [Review of the film/ book etc Title of work reviewed, by name of principal contributor, role]. Name of Publication. URL
Film review (print newspaper)
Schembri, J. (2008, November 10). [Review of the motion picture Australia, by B. Luhrmann, Dir.]. The Age, p. 8.
Theatre review (online)
Croggon, A. (2014, January 31). [Review of the play Private lives, by N. Coward, Melbourne Theatre Company, Southbank Theatre, Melbourne, 2014]. The Guardian Australia. https://www.theguardian.com/culture/australia-culture-blog?page=46
- Give the author and date of the review.
- Give the title of the review followed by a description (no italics except for title of work being reviewed) in square brackets. If the review has no title, give a description alone in square brackets.
- Where the work being reviewed is a book, omit the author’s role after their name.
- Where the work being reviewed is a live performance e.g. a play, you may include the location and year of the performance to enable the reader to identify the production.
- Format remaining parts according to the publication type (e.g., newspaper article, online post, etc.).